* Pray, pray, pray - before you sponsor anyone. Let God be your ultimate guide whether you sponsor someone and then, if He says, yes, ask Him to show you who.
* Pray, pray, pray - during the weekend for your pilgrim/caterpillar, the team, and other pilgrims/caterpillars.
* Pray, pray, pray - after the weekend for your Emmaus pilgrim or Chrysalis participant!
* Try to make sure your application has no distractions for the weekend.
* Send in the application and $25 deposit at least two weeks prior to the walk. The application will not be
processed without the fee!
* Make sure the Emmaus pilgrim or Chrysalis participant has listed any special needs on the application:
dietary, sleeping arrangements, medical conditions, etc.
* Stay in contact with your pilgrim's/caterpillar's family during the weekend to allay any nervousness or worry
* Give your applicant the "What to Bring" list
* Personally bring them to Send-Off at 6:00 pm on Thursday night of the Emmaus Walk or 8:00 a.m. on the morning of the Chrysalis Flight.
* Get their bags into their room and the bed made.
* Introduce them to people you know. Don't leave them unattended!
* Attend Sponsor Hour
* Be diligent to gather encouraging letters from family, friends, and other important
people in the pilgrim's/caterpillar's life. (Have the letters ready by Candlelight)
* Attend the Community Gathering and Candlelight Service
* Attend Closing and provide your pilgrim/butterfly a ride home
* Take pilgrim to Gathering following his/her walk.
* Take a participant to RUSH following his/her flight. They are also welcome to attend Emmaus functions.
* Encourage them to stay connected -- gatherings, RUSH, reunion group, volunteering, serving on a team,
becoming a sponsor
* Don't bring special gifts for your pilgrim/caterpillar during the walk/flight.